06 February, 2007

La Paz, Bolivia - The highest capital city in the world at over 12,000 ft. It is a jumbled mess of circular streets, round-a-bouts, and plazas. It seems like every streets sidewalk is lined with black market venders booths which encroach on the sidewalk to make them just as crowded with pedestrians as the streets are with trafic. From where I am sitting at this computer I could by hairspray, a belt, packing tape, or a Pentium 4 processor within about 10 ft.
From here, we start our long travel down to Patagonia. We are pretty much going to head straight south from Arica, Chile until we hit Puerto Natalas and Torres Del Paine National Park in Patagonia.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Hi Guys,

I can't believe it has taken me this long to log onto your website. The wedding photo was beautiful, i want to see more of 'em. I loved seeing the picture of La Paz, I spent Christmas there in 1995 and then on to Machu Picchu. Your photos bring back great memories.
Life in Telluride is as busy as ever. The schools just keep growing and the babies keep popping.

Jamie, the preschool is just not the same without you. I really miss the environment you were able to create with students and teachers. Miriam is still here and just found out she is pregnant (new beau). Samantha is loving being in kindergarten and becoming much more independent. Henry is......still Henry. He is the most particular kid I have ever met. We still have a few sock issues now and then and he quite often wants to clean up his room, he even complained while skiing that he had snow on his skis-go figure! Jamie, I miss your healthy advice on him.

I am so glad you both are taking the time for this incredible adventure. Telluride misses you- do you miss it a little? a tiny bit?

I'll be sure to check your blog again.

Love,

Trish